Sedation Dentistry Near You
Sedation dentistry in Edmonton involves medication or techniques to help patients feel at ease and maintain a sense of calm throughout their dental treatments. It is especially useful for individuals who experience anxiety, fear, or have a low pain threshold for dental treatment.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Various sedation options are available to cater to different anxiety levels and the complexity of the dental procedure. The two types we offer at Unity Square Dental are:
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas) – Nitrous oxide, often called laughing gas, is breathed in using a mask and helps patients feel relaxed and at ease during the dental procedure. It’s a mild form of sedation and wears off quickly after the procedure.
- Oral Sedation – Oral sedation involves taking a prescribed medication before the procedure to induce relaxation. The extent of sedation can range from little to moderate, depending on the dose.
Dr. Sharif's 5-Step Approach to Treating Patients With Dental Fear
- Connecting: we would like to connect with you through text messages, email or phone.
- Introduction: we want to introduce ourselves and our clinic to you. No obligation for treatment just come into our space and meet our friendly faces
- Test drive: let us show you how calm it can feel to sit on the dental chair. Maybe you want to start with cleaning your teeth or just a visual exam. We customize the environment for you and there is no obligation to proceed
- Relaxation/Sedation: We can try to do simple treatment with self guided relaxation, chairside hypnosis or sedation
- A pleasant experience at the dentist
Guided Relaxation Techniques
At Unity Square Dental, we have a unique offering for dental anxiety and fear with guided relaxation techniques. The idea is to help patients reduce anxiety naturally without sedation medications. These techniques include:
- Controlled Breathing
- Guided Imagery
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Listening to Calming Sounds
The objective is to establish a calming and relaxing atmosphere to help patients switch off the fight-or-flight response, promoting a relaxed state of mind and body.
Issues Receiving Sedation Dentistry Near You Helps With
- Dental Anxiety and Fear – Sedation helps individuals with dental anxiety or fear relax and undergo necessary dental treatments comfortably.
- Pain Sensitivity – Sedation can help patients with a low pain threshold manage discomfort associated with certain procedures.
- Long or Complex Procedures – Sedation ensures patients remain calm and cooperative for extensive or lengthy treatments.
Are You Looking for Sedation Dentistry Near You?
Learn more about sedation dentistry in Edmonton by scheduling an information session with us at Unity Square Dental. We’re here to answer your questions and help you achieve a comfortable and stress-free dental experience.