Dental Crowns Near You
Dental crowns in Edmonton, or caps, are prosthetic devices made of various materials, such as ceramic, porcelain, metal, or a combination, designed to cover a damaged or weakened tooth. They restore the tooth’s shape, size, strength, and appearance while providing protection and improving overall oral function.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns restore teeth that are extensively decayed, cracked, broken, or weakened due to root canal treatment. Crowns are also used for cosmetic purposes, such as covering severely stained or misshapen teeth and enhancing the smile’s appearance.
Issues Dental Crowns Help With
- Tooth Decay – Crowns can repair teeth with extensive decay that are beyond repair with fillings.
- Tooth Fractures – Dental crowns can hold together and protect fractured or weakened teeth, preventing further damage.
- Root Canal Treated Teeth – Crowns are often placed on teeth undergoing root canal therapy to strengthen and protect the treated tooth.
- Cosmetic Improvements – Crowns can improve the appearance of discolored, misaligned, or oddly shaped teeth.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Restoration of Tooth Structure – When you receive dental crowns near you, they restore the tooth’s original shape, size, and structure, allowing it to function normally.
- Protection and Durability – Crowns provide a strong and durable protective covering, extending the life of the natural tooth.
- Natural Appearance – Modern crowns are designed to closely mimic the appearance of natural teeth, ensuring a seamless blend with your smile.
- Enhanced Oral Function – Crowns improve chewing and biting abilities by providing a stable and functional surface for the tooth.
Process of Receiving Dental Crowns in Edmonton
- Schedule a consultation with Dr. Shariff to discuss the need for a crown. She will evaluate your tooth and determine if a crown is the appropriate treatment.
- At the initial appointment, the tooth getting the crown will be readied by removing any decay or damaged structure. The tooth will be adjusted in shape to fit the crown properly.
- We’ll capture a mold or digital scan of the modified tooth and nearby teeth to craft a tailored crown that fits just right.
- While the final crown is being made, an interim one will be put in its place to protect the tooth.
- On your next visit, the interim crown will be removed, and the final crown will be positioned, adjusted, and bonded to your tooth for a secure fit.
Are You Looking For Dental Crowns Near You?
We invite you to schedule an information session at our dental office to learn more about dental crowns in Edmonton and determine if they are the right solution for you. We’re here to provide detailed information, answer your questions, and help you achieve a healthier and more beautiful smile with dental crowns.